Use your imagination and enter any outfit you create from 100% recycled/re-purposed materials in STEAMFest Up-cycled Fashion Show!
Don’t throw it away…You are invited to use your creativity to turn recycled materials into “trashion” statements. Design and create your own outfit to enter in the fashion show. Show off your “green garment” on the runway in front of our panel of judges. Students from grades 4th through 12th can compete for prizes and awards. Send an important earth friendly message about recycling and preservation of our natural resources in our community. There will be prizes awarded under each theme:
- Trees Are Terrific! Your outfit must be made from recycled/re-purposed materials and contain at least 50% newspaper, cardboard or recycled/re-purposed paper.
- Fantastic In Plastic! Your outfit must be made from recycled/re-purposed materials and contain at least 50% plastic.
- Captivatingly Cola! Your outfit must be made from recycled/re-purposed materials and contain all soda/canned drink products in its construction
- Designer by Duct Tape! Your outfit must be made from 100% Duct Tape in its construction
Fashion Show & Competition Rules:
- Outfits must be made from recyclable or re-purposed materials.
- Each participant will be asked during registration to complete a card listing materials used, designer name and model name (if different than the designer). Make sure you have your list!
- Models will be asked to sign a photo release form. Parental consent will be required if model is under 18 years of age.
Ready to Apply?
Complete THIS entry form to apply. Entry forms must be submitted by March 1, 2017. Early entries are encouraged! We cannot wait to see your latest “trashion” statement!
Mail: Charlotte STEAMFest
Attn: Recycled Fashion Show & Competition
1146 Sam Newell Rd., Suite D
Matthews, NC 28105